This has been my focus this week.
It’s still a looong time before Kernan comes home and I find myself getting really sad at times. But I try to snap back as soon as I can and just shift to happiness and gratitude. I remind myself to be thankful that hubby got this great opportunity to show what he’s got. He deserves that and so much more.
And there are a lot of other things to be happy about:
- I’ve recovered enough to get back to work. I only have occasional coughs now but I’m taking lots of vitamin C and drinking lots of water so this should go away completely soon.
- I finally bought a new journal and I’m writing again as much as I can. It’s doing me a lot of good in so many ways.
- My girls are always there to welcome me home. It always swells my heart when I hear my babies squealing in delight when I arrive home. If you hear us, you’ll think we haven’t seen each other in months instead of hours.
- My family is visiting more frequently. It’s always comforting to know that they’re just a call away.
- My bosses at work are superb. I’m always thankful that they genuinely care about us as team members and not just as employees.
- My special project is starting to show positive results. I now believe that “it will work, if you work it.”
Other things to look forward to:
- When I’m completely recovered, I will start running again. I so miss running in UP. Hopefully, I can also join another race. But this time I’ll make sure I’m ready for rain.
- A colleague from college is getting married next week. I’m pretty sure it’s going to double as a reunion for us. Haven’t decided yet what I’ll wear or what wedding gifts I’ll give them.
- My special project continuing to thrive. I’m so excited about this and once it’s stable I’ll share more about it here. But for now, I’m just so thankful that it’s all coming together.
It’s the middle of the week, so close yet so far away from Friday. But I’m just taking it one day at a time and making the most of every moment. Always finding reasons to be happy and positive.
What are you happy about this week?